Since the last update on December 1st, a lot has changed in the world of College Hoops! The Bubble is starting to take shape, but I still see 40 teams to the right of the cut line with a realistic chance of getting an At-Large bid.
- Oklahoma is my #1 overall seed based on Neutral site blowout win over Villanova, taking Kansas to 3OT on the road, and a nice win over Iowa State, The top 3 are very close in my book. With a total of 9 teams competing for a #1 seed, keep in mind this will constantly change as we make our way towards March.
- Not sold on Maryland - Yet. I am sold on their roster talent. I was less than enthusiastic about their several near upset losses to teams like Rider, Illinois State, and Penn State. They've only lost once however and can easily work their way up to the 1 seed line with their schedule. At this point, I'm holding off on putting them at the top until they beat someone in the top 25 or top 50 for that matter.
- Bubble Teams: Very tough to differentiate. My tiebreaker at this point in the season is simple. Who have you beat? I am ignoring the records and RPI's mostly at this point and going off quality wins. Once Conference play is about midway thru, the criteria will be more weighted on RPI.
- My favorite part of this exercise is putting together match-ups that I believe the committee would. Check out these specific match-ups in today's bracket
- UConn vs. Monmouth in Brooklyn. Wow, Monmouth the Cinderella story from New Jersey getting to stay home and face UConn. And potentially Villanova in the Round of 32. Barclay's Center would be rocking for the Hawks.
- Potential Sweet 16 match-up of Kansas vs. Duke in Anaheim would be a blockbuster.
- Louisville vs. Wichita State, First Round. Would be a rematch of the wild Final Four match-up in 2013, where Louisville came all the way back to shock the Shockers.
Keep checking back here for more updates. The site will be updated more regularly as we inch towards March Madness. Enjoy the games this week!
Be sure to follow me on twitter: @roccomiller8