Early Round Exits:
- Colorado - The Buffs haven't won a game away from Boulder since January 13th. The matchup against the Sun Devils isnt bad at all and it should be a much less than electric atmosphere in Vegas on a Wednesday afternoon. Overall - Arizona State is just the better team despite recent struggles.
- Cal - It's been a long tough year for the Bears. They get a chance to knock off their arch nemesis in Round One, the Stanford Cardinal. Throw the records out the window! But in the end I think Stanford pulls away and allows Cal to go home and focus on building up for next season.
- Washington - As a Husky, this is painful and actually I am somewhat hedging my happiness too. The Huskies have been going 1-1 in most weeks lately and it's hard to know which team will show up. Meanwhile the Beavers have started to play better in the final two weeks. This should be a close one and since I have to make a pick here - I'll go with OSU.
- Washington State - This Cougar team actually beat Oregon last week, so you have to give them some chance to do it again. I think they will compete for a while. But the talent and coaching at Oregon outclasses WSU in this one.
Gone in the Quarters:
- Arizona State - The Sun Devils have been a hot topic in Bracketology for the past month due to their drop off in play. Their resume still holds up barely against the bubble, and they have a shot to knock off U of A. But I know better than to pick against the Wildcats in this tournament.
- Stanford - I really want to pick Stanford, but I do not like their matchup against UCLA. I was impressed with how UCLA wrapped up the year and I think Stanford will actually get a little test from Cal on Wednesday before this one.
- Oregon State - The Beavers didn't fare very well at all this year against USC. I think they are done in this round.
- Oregon - The Ducks/Utes matchup will be a really tight one I'm guessing. Two firey coaches getting their teams to play hard and fighting to get to win this whole tourney. In the end I'll go with David Collette to put this one away late.
Semifinal Send Offs:
- Arizona - Surprise! If you read my comments about ASU, then I am clearly contradicting myself by sending the Wildcats home in this round. I think when you look at the UCLA/Zona matchup that the Bruins match up very well as evidenced by their eight point win in Tucson a couple of weeks ago. I think Aaron Holliday is coming to Vegas on a mission and going to carry the Briuins to the title game.
- Utah - It's a matchup thing here with the Trojans and Utes as well. When they met in Salt Lake City two weeks ago, the Utes had no answer for Chimezie Metu or Jordan Usher. The Trojans shot the ball very well but they were mostly two pointers. I think Utah will need a brand new gameplan this time around but now the Trojans are in their heads.
- UCLA over USC - Yes, I am going with an unconventional all Los Angeles Final. It's just the way the bracket played out. Anyway I am on the Holliday bandwagon one more time as the Bruins secure their place into the NCAA Tournament.
Early Round Exits: